Amy Smith Sawyer, DMD
As an orthodontist, I have the unique opportunity to change people's lives by improving their smile and their self-esteem. I love knowing that I impact the children and adults of our community by enabling them to feel confident as they pursue their dreams.
- High School: Graduated valedictorian from St. Scholastica Academy, Covington, LA. President of Student Council. Eucharistic Minister.
- College: Graduated summa cum laude with BBA and MBA degrees from Millsaps College, Jackson, MS. Member of Omicron Delta Kappa Honor Society. Chi Omega Executive Council. Volunteer for Habitat for Humanity.
- Dental School: Medical College of GA, Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honor Society. Class President, 4 years. Representative to Medical College Student Government Association.
- Orthodontic Residency: Medical College of GA
My highest goal professionally is to provide the most effective, efficient and comfortable treatments for my patients. By learning about the latest orthodontic treatments and technology, I am able to ensure that my patients will always receive the best care available.
As a part of my continuing education, I am a member of the Hinman Dental Society, which holds numerous seminars as well as a large annual meeting in Atlanta. I also participate in Dawson Academy courses and attend yearly conferences in orthodontics and other dental specialties. By studying the latest orthodontic research and proven methods, I know my patients will attain beautiful, healthy smiles that last a lifetime.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Southern Association of Orthodontists
- Louisiana Association of Orthodontists
- American Board of Orthodontics (Diplomate)
- American Dental Association
- Hinman Dental Society
In the Practice
My patients come to me because they want a beautiful new smile. I enjoy getting to know each patient personally, and make sure they also get a wonderful orthodontic experience. After all, getting a new smile should be enjoyable! Of course, the best part of what I do is seeing the final results, and how happy my patients are. Not only does their appearance improve, but they are often much more comfortable than before treatment, and their teeth are much easier to clean. Lives change in our office every day, and I'm proud of what I do for our patients.
Braces are not just for kids and teens, and I love working with people of all ages. Everyone benefits differently from his or her orthodontic experience, and personally knowing each patient and how orthodontic treatment affects their lives is my greatest reward. Excellent patient care is the center of our daily focus, and my team and I love what we do!
Family and Community
I grew up in Covington, and love serving the people of my hometown. My husband, Allen, and I have three wonderful sons named Brody, Harrison, and Parker. When I am not in the office, you can find me spending time with family and friends, traveling, reading, or exercising. I also travel weekly to the Children's Hospital of Atlanta, where I work in the Craniofacial Clinic providing orthodontic care to patients with craniofacial anomalies.